Saturday 27 September 2008

A patchy path

I am getting uptight lately. The stress and pressure of finding a way out really keeps my emotions on the edge.

What should I do? Where should I go? There are so many uncertainties lying ahead which need to be carefully pondered before any course of action is taken. The process slowly erodes my patience and confidence.

I am planning to apply highly skilled migrant visa when I go back to Malaysia in November. Recently, I found out that the risk of rejection is high if you are a UK working holiday maker who wants to apply the highly skilled migrant visa under Tier 1. You have to justify that the length of your stay in UK is at least 50% travelling. For example, if you stay 1 year in UK, you need to prove that you have travelled for at least half a year. Also, the job you have MUST BE incidental to your holiday. Meaning to say, if you hold a permanent position, and yet, you travel less than 50% of your stay in UK, your application is most likely to be rejected. Unfortunately, this is the predicament that I am facing. The recent changes of UK immigration rules really cause such a stir to people like us!

I am still considering what I am gonna do. My head is spinning around each time I think about this. I would only grit my teeth and assure that it will be sorted out at the end of the day. An unendurable process that drives my emotions to the edge of the cliff.

Hopefully, I will tell you my decision in the next blog.

Have a good weekend…

Ps: Spending my weekend in Windsor Castle with MK and CJ. A last and farewell trip among three of us. Finally, the fellowship has come to an end…

2 comments:

Tania said...

COME TO TAIWAN WITH ME!!!! LET'S ROCK THEIR WORLD THERE!!!

^ Gu Gu Fei Yong^ said...

Sweetheart! I will think about this alternative if things don't go well here. However, i really miss you soooo much!! Take good care of yourself, and i shall see you soon.